- If Your Child Stutters: A Guide for Parents, 6th edition (2002). Written for parents who are concerned about the speech of their young child, this book helps distinguish between normal disfluencies and stuttering and offers practical suggestions parents can use immediately with their child. Many experts in the field of stuttering contributed to the book. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0011, $2.00.
- Stuttering and Your Child: Questions and Answers, 3rd edition. Updated in 2002, this book represents the most up-to-date thoughts of seven leading authorities in stuttering. Answers to questions most often asked by parents enable them to work with their child in ways that contribute to the development of better fluency. This book is a must for both parents and teachers. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0022, $2.00.
- If You Think Your Child is Stuttering, New Tips for Parents. Updated in 2002, this popular brochure describes the difference between normal disfluencies and stuttering and offers 9 tips that parents can immediately use to help their child. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0041, $0.10 or download from the Foundation’s Web site for free.
- Stuttering and the Preschool Child: Help for Families. This 30-minute videotape is for families of preschool children who stutter. It focuses on helping families understand stuttering and make changes to promote more fluent speech. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0070, $5.00. Also available in Spanish (#0072).
- Stuttering and Your Child: A Videotape for Parents. This 30 minute VHS videotape is for parents, teachers, day care professionals, and all those wanting to help the child who stutters. It discusses what stuttering is, what is thought to cause and worsen childhood stuttering, and what parents can do to help their child. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0075, $10.00.
- Therapy in Action: The School-Age Child who Stutters. This 40-minute video provides information about what stuttering looks and sounds like, concerns associated with stuttering in the school-age child, and therapy in action by renowned specialists with school-age children. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0079, $5.00
- Stuttering: Straight Talk for Teens. This 30-minute video is an excellent resource for teens, their families, teachers, doctors, and speech pathologists. It includes information about what stuttering is, concerns and feelings associated with stuttering, and ways the teen can help himself and where to find help. Order from the Stuttering Foundation, 1-800-992-9392 or click here, #0076, $10.00.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by A. Faber & E. Mazlish. This book describes a step-by-step approach to improving communication in the home. “Reminder” pages, helpful cartoons, and excellent exercises will improve parents’ ability to talk and problem-solve with children. The tools provided are appropriate for children of all ages. Can be found in almost any bookstore or ordered from www.amazon.com.
- Good Friends are Hard to Find: Help Your Child Find, Make, and Keep Friends by F. Frankel. A step-by-step guide for parents of children ages 5-12, that shows them how to help their children make friends and deal with other kids. Includes suggestions for dealing with teasing, bully, and meanness whether the child is the one being teased or the one who is teasing. Order from Free Spirit Publishing, 1-800-735-7323 or www.amazon.com.
- Sticks and Stones: 7 Ways Your Child Can Deal with Teasing, Conflict, and Other Hard Times by S. Cooper. This book helps parents of children ages 4-12 teach their children the verbal skills they need to defend against hurtful words others say to them. There are examples and sample scripts that help children learn how to speak up for themselves, shut down bullies, counter peer pressure, deal with fights, etc. Order from Free Spirit Publishing, 1-800-735-7323 or www.amazon.com.
CLINIC FOR CHILDREN
JL Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Jakarta Indonesia 102010
phone : 62(021) 70081995 – 5703646
Clinical and Editor in Chief :
DR WIDODO JUDARWANTO
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2009, Clinic For Children Information Education Network. All rights reserved.